Saturday, June 02, 2007

I have had a busy week. I set aside time with God everyday but it wasn’t as much time as I wanted to have with him. Honestly, I did my best. Each and everyday, I begin with prayers uplifted to God and prayers throughout the day. I seek him to intervene with the plans I had made for the day. I wanted to walk in the direction where His hand is leading because that’s the way I should walk in. I knew I would break if I run on strength of my own. I acknowledge that I needed strength from on high. I had an overwhelming week with all my major assignments due. There were many days that I had to wake up before daybreak just to complete my work. This week though I had so much to do, I praise God because he has increased my strength, in my weakness, he reigns. Humbly before his throne, tears were in my eyes as I seek Him with all my heart. My reliance on Him increases by the day, by the hour, by the minute.

Last night when I was doing my quiet time before bed, though physically tired I am, God was speaking to me and I was straining my ears to catch everything he wanted to tell me. Indeed God knows what is bothering my heart. In the mist of my weakness, he never left me…

“Do not let anyone or anything steal that time away from you and Me, My Child. I know you love me. It is my word that lets you live life with supernatural wisdom. It is my word that defines who you are and how much I love you. I know there is much to see and do. Let me reveal Myself to you in a very real and intimate way. Any time you spend with Me will be multiplied by My mighty hand, so draw near to Me and I will draw near to you.

Love,
Your King and your Living Word

---

I was preparing the worship songs for next week’s worship session yesterday, God reminded me of his faithfulness and the strength which I can draw on him again.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Indeed his grace is sufficient for me and his power is made perfect in my weakness.
When I am weak, he will show himself strong.

---
Footprints In The Sand

“Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you’d walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints.
I do not understand why when I needed you most, you would leave me”

The Lord replied, ‘My precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints in the sand, it was then that I carried you.’

No comments: