Friday, April 18, 2008

My experiences of the past 1 week -- (Part 1)

Before my melbourne trip, I actually went n browse through all my previous blog entries. I was searching for the words and messages which God has placed in my heart. For a while in the beginning of the year, I sort of lost my momentum with God, a scenario common to many but few admit its occurance. It was only during the recent combined meet that I found God again and our relationship has been better than before. It is an encounter with God that turned things around for you and me. Reading through the past blog entries not just showed me the path where God has been leading me on but also how people have invested into my life and viceversa.

My melbourne trip, in short I would say its fruitful and its a God-driven trip. A trip and a journey with God that I longed for with all my heart but yet at the back of my mind, I also wished I could go to Ecamp. So many people approached me to ask if I am going to Ecamp. Each time it occurs, there was an instant pain in my heart but I kept quiet about it. I knew God has his purpose for me in melbourne, I knew that it isnt about the shopping or abt the city. There was something more to that and I was waiting in anticipation to find out more.

There were some people whom I met in melbourne who spoke into my life. Sat night I visited Richmond AOG, a huge church with many people passionate about God that really stirred my heart. I met a middle age lady at the new friends dinner. She is a lady who gave me a feeling that she has a deep sense of loneliness n pain in her life. Her eyes were sorrowful and sad, though we just met, she simply shared freely with me. I saw her emptyness n I felt the urge to reach out to her. I am so blessed to be surrounded with OCFERS and friends whom I can share my heart n my thoughts with and here before me was this lady, praying and seeking God to give her a good galfriend. For a moment, I realised how much I have taken wat God had given me for granted. Friends and housemates r not meant to be taken for granted. Each and every person that passes our path is worth the effort to get to know and to reach out.

Lord, I pray that You remove such selfishness and self-centreness in my being and help me to lead the life u desire for me to have..

Psalm 139: 3-5

You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop n rest. Every moment, you know where I am. You know what I am going to say even before I say it Lord. You both precede and follow me You place a hand of blessing on my head.

No comments: