Saturday, January 13, 2007

I was up till late last night doing my own stuff.. talking to a few friends..

Last night at about 1.45am, I read an email. An email from a good brother, a good friend, my coleader. He is going home. I read his testimonial and truely I witness God's hand upon his life and I am happy for him to be able to journey on, to begin a new chapter of his life. I was sad when I read the email. Nothing to deny about.

I remember G telling me more than one and a half yrs ago to take things by my stride, to accept that people come n go. Though I dun see G often but she taught me some things which always remains in my heart. She taught me wat it takes to be a leader 2 yrs ago. She taught me how to be humble and to learn from others. Her words rang in my mind last night again. I remembered every word.. I remembered her expression when she told me those words of wisdom.

I went to God for comfort last night. In the early hours of the morning, I seek my God and his strength. Being in adelaide for 2 yrs, I saw my friends come n go. Those dear to me, I do keep in contact.

I saw how they exalt God. I saw how they serve God..

God spoke to me through this verse last night.

Phillippians 1:20

"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death."

"My determined purpose is to be my utmost for his highest -- my best for his glory." To reach that level of determination is a matter of the will, not of debate or of reasoning. It is absolute and irrevocable surrender of the will at that point. Shut out every other thought and keep yourself before God in this one thing only -- my utmost for His highest.

Extracted From:
My Utmost For His Highest
Oswald Chambers

I like this devotion book. It has always set me thinking. Thank You!

No comments: