Friday, December 29, 2006

Tonight I suddenly start to miss my comm ( Jing Jing, Aaron, Leanne n Vivian). I guess part of the reason is because I didnt go out much today.My mind isnt occupied with anything. All my memories in Chiangmai came back to me. From 18th dec flying off in the early morning with Leanne to touching down on 26th dec in Singapore with the whole team. Those days were the most meaningful in my life. Initially I couldnt adapt cos I simply dunno at thing at all, I didnt know the songs, the skit, the dance. I simply know nothing. I went to Chiangmai by faith. Throughout the few days, everyday everyone of us are travelling with faith, there was language barrier, very cold weather. Its just quite a bit to adapt to at once. But its a good experience. I saw the love of Florence for the Shan people. I saw the love of the pastors there. To be frank, I am impressed. In spite of poverty, they love God with all their hearts and they always seek God's leading. I have so much to learn from them. We r so blessed to live in a place where we can have everything we wan though its a bit stressful. I have learnt to treasure everything that I have. Nothing should be taken for granted.

Just want to do a quick recap of the things we did during the trip to chiangmai.

18th dec

- Touched down in Chiangmai after a 3 hr flight.
- Met up with Florence and Ken for the first time. ( Florence is a missionary there, very nice n
delicated to her beloved Shan people. Ken is a training pastor, passionate about God,
musically talented)
- Travelled in Chiangmai in a "Song tiao" to meet up with Aaron and the rest at Mekong Centre
before we went to an art and craft shop to for kids before heading for lunch.
- Travelled up to the village, managed to reach before night falls. But due to a bumpy journey, a
few of us had travel sickness and I ended up with a bad headache. But thank God, we had our
own first aid supplies.
- Had dinner at a church leaders' place. My first contact with traditional Thai food. That was an
experience man. I couldnt really adapt to the food but still ate la.. obviously expecially cos its
the first family meal and its freezing cold out there. Have to eat to keep warm.
- Went Carolling after dinner

tbc

No comments: