Saturday, August 19, 2006

Hey guys.. there is something I want to bring to ur attention.. Its regarding the World vision Australia 40 hours famine.. I just knew about it yesterday after my friend ask me to support her by donating to a good cause.. Basically the famine started last night from 8pm till Sunday 12pm.. This is your chance to give back to kids just like you in East Timor and Southern Africa. Every $40 you raise helps feed and care for 8 kids for one whole month! So how many kids can you help? I think the money raised will be of good cause.. so I would like to urge everyone to give every little u can .. every little counts..

Its sad and heart wrenching to see the poor kids suffering at Third world countries while we are having abundance here and we are just so blessed by God.. Funds raised in Famine 2006 will help poor families in East Timor, as well as in Mozambique, Tanzania and Zambia, where many kids are so poor they eat only a few mouthfuls of food everyday..

Therefore I will like to urge u guys to support these people in a little way which we know we all can.. I have done my part what about u? Its very simple.. Just a little of ur pocket money can bring a smile to the little children ..

If u would like to donate, please inform me .. so that I can let my friend know.. she is collecting the donations.. A receipt will be issued.. Remember that the money will be used to bless others.. How can we show that we love others if we have no action...

1 John 3: 16-18

16This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. 17If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? 18Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

For more information, please check out at http://www.worldvision.com.au/40hourfamine/

Your donations will be greatly appreciated..

Thank You..

No comments: