Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Last Sunday, I spoke to Pastor Nick regarding the mission trip to Thailand.. He has given his blessings.. I am excited abt this trip.. trying to read up all I can to prepare myself.. I dunno wat to expect but I know God knows what is ahead of me.. Pls pray for me.. Its a big decision.. But I really want to do it.. it has been my desire since I was 16.. finally now.. I am heading towards my heart's desire.. When I was 16, when I had mission trips in my mind..But then I thought to myself.. dun be silly.. how can this ever happen.. I said to myself then.. U r so young n come on.. u know nothing.. But no matter how young we are, no matter how weak we are.. Our Almighty God will prepare u for his purpose..Trust in Him..

The following scriptures just surfaced in my mind and is making imprint on my heart. These scriptures I memorised them last year but they didnt come to my mind again until now..right now.. Its as if God is speaking..Its just timely encouragement for me to rely on HIM..

I Tim 4:12
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."

2 Corinthians 12:9-11
9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

My heart is just so stirred now..

U alone are God.. We declare the glory of ur name..
Reign in all the Earth..Jesus..

2 comments:

siew wai said...

In the name of Jesus, I ask God to grant you everything you need for mission. Don't be surprised if God calls u not only for this trip, He surely will call u to do great and mighty things in His name. bless u. Amen.

Prissy said...

Mummy, God has provided me so much. I went for mission talk this morning. EU has mission talks every thursday morning at 7.30am. I will be attending that from now on.. Its really good.. It greatly encouraged me and opened my eyes to what God is doing in the world. God bless!