Friday, September 01, 2006

Many many years ago, I read this poem in one of my devotional books which deeply touched my heart.. Just thought it would be good to share with all.. It has always encouraged me and lifted my spirit.. God brought this into my heart once again today.. I am not depressed, neither upset or stressed.. I just want to share what encouraged me then.. hopefully it encourages my dearest..

Never Alone

I've seen the lightning flashing,
And heard the thunder roll,
I've felt sin's breakers dashing,
Trying to conquer my soul;
I've heard the voice of Jesus,
Telling me still to fight on,
He promised never to leave me,
Never to leave me alone.

The world's fierce winds are blowing,
Temptations are sharp and keen;
I have a peace in knowing
My Saviour stands between;
He stands to shield me from danger,
When earthly friends are gone.
He promised never to leave me,
Never to leave me alone.

When in affliction's valley,
I'm treading the road of care,
My Saviour helps me to carry
My cross when heavy to bear,
My feet entangled with briars,
Ready to cast me down;
My Saviour whispered his promise,
Never to leave me alone.

-- Anonymous

Hebrews 13:5

"Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you."

Ephesians 6

The Armor of God

10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

No comments: